New Feature: Add Predictions Manually
Add Guesses to Your Game Without Asking Friends to Sign-up
We’ve received quite a few e-mails from people asking how friends without e-mail or Facebook can participate in their baby guessing game. I find it hard to believe that people don’t have e-mail, but you never know. It’s also pretty common that people just don’t want to sign up on another website just to guess when your baby will be born. So, we finally got around to adding this feature to the website. Starting today, pool administrators can now add predictions for their friends and family. You can still invite everyone to enter on their own, but for those who can’t (or for those who are just too lazy) just get their prediction and add it for them!
You could print out our baby pool template and pass it around at your baby shower. No one needs to sign up, just collect the form and add the predictions to your pool through the Pool Settings tab.
- Login to your account and go to the pool you want to add predictions to.
- Click the “Pool Settings” tab.
- On the submenu, click the “Add Predictions” tab.
- Click the purple button that says “Click here to enter a prediction for someone else!”
- Enter their prediction info. (You must enter their first name, last name, gender prediction, relation to the baby, weight prediction, length prediction, hair color prediction and eye color prediction.)
- Click save and you’ll be taken to the All Predictions page and see the new prediction.
You can add as many predictions as you want, just repeat the steps above for each new guess.
Keep Asking People to Sign-Up to Get the Full Experience
I’m sure there will always be people who don’t want to sign-up on another website. But, I also want to remind everyone that there are definite benefits to having an account on the website and entering your own predictions:
- Get an email notification when the baby is born, so you can come back and see who won the baby pool.
- Leave a personal note for the family and friends on the message stream.
- Get updates on the pregnancy if the parents are posting messages to the pool.
- If you have an account, you can keep a list of all the pools you participated in on the My Pools page.
- A future update will allow everyone to change their predictions on their own (by sacrificing some points from their final score).
In other words, this feature will make it easier for everyone to participate, with or without email or Facebook, but you should still encourage people to sign up and enter their own predictions. It just makes it more fun!
We’ve tested this out and it’s working, but we have a small staff of 2 people, so it’s likely some things might not work properly. If you have trouble with this feature (or anything else on the website), please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org predictions manually, baby pool, baby shower, baby shower game, baby shower ideas, history, new website features, news, no email no problem, no Facebook required, website updates