10 Stylish Baby Shower Thank You Notes
Confession: My baby shower was a month ago, and I still haven’t mailed out my thank-you notes. My mother has dropped subtle hints that I need to hurry up, but I’m justifying my procrastination with the fact that the Internet says I have any amount of time from “as soon as possible” to “better late than never” to finish.
I think thank-you notes are important — I really do. In this age of e-greeting, e-viting and e-RSVPing, little folded notes of gratitude are one of the few paper pleasures we can still look forward to finding among piles of junkmail. It’s just hard to sit your round self down and actually write them — let alone address them, stamp them and send them. Trust me, I know.
Fortunately, there are tons of cute cards out there specifically designed for thanking friends and family for baby gifts, which makes the process a bit more exciting. I’ve rounded up 10 of them:
- Duck Baby Animal Thank You Notes by William Arthur, sold at Barnes & Noble; $15.95 for 10 (They also have bunny and whale ones.)
- 3-D Handmade Baby Carriage Thank You Cards from zuCards on Etsy; $16 for 10 (The seller is willing to customize the colors of the cardstock or the carriage, or even change the wording.)
- Animal Alphabet Thank You Cards from Target; $9.99 for 50 (These are the best value, so naturally they’re the ones I have.)
- Cartouche Initial Folded Stationery in blue, green or pink from Hallmark; $0.99 to $1.99 per card, depending on quantity (Personalize the letter on the front, the message on the inside, and even the back.)
- Heart Thank You Cards from SierraPurvisDesigns on Etsy; $10 for printable digital file (Colors, fonts, layout or size can be changed.)
- Little One’s Clothesline Baby Shower Thank You Cards from deanpennandpaper on Etsy; $18 for 10 (Change “thank you” to the baby’s name if you’d like, and pick from 21 envelope colors.)
- Retro Blue Baby Room Thank You Cards from Rossomer Square Fine Papers; $10 for 10 (The cute crib design is printed on the back as well.)
- Modern Mommy Thank You Notes from Party City; $3.99 for 8 (These come with matching envelope-seal stickers too.)
- Oh Baby Thank You Notes from Paper Source; $11.50 for 10 (Both the notecards and coordinating coral envelopes are recycled.)
- Striped Appreciation Personalized Baby Thank You Notes from Pear Tree Greetings; $0.80 to $1.72 each, depending on quantity (Add your little one’s name to the bottom. Also available in aqua.)
Now if you’ll please excuse me, I’d better get back to my note-writing.
Mollee and her husband, Matt, live in Midlothian, Virginia, and are eagerly awaiting the arrival of their first baby (a girl!)
in May 2013 any minute now. (Check out her baby guessing game here.) Although she helps pay the bills by doing graphic design, Mollee’s true passion is for making things with her hands. Find more of her recipes, paintings and crafts at molleemade.com.
baby shower ideas, baby shower thank you notes, baby showers, lists, manners, thank you notes